Saturday, December 14, 2013

The beginning of the end of the 2nd amendment

I want anyone reading this to know right now that I am not a “conspiracy nut” or conspiracy theorist of any kind. On the contrary, I am usually the first one to ignore or discount a conspiracy. The old adage goes something like this, “You're not paranoid if they really are after you.” I mention this because throughout all of my life I've heard rumors that the government was, is and always will be out to get our guns.

I'm not a gun owner, I like guns but prefer archery/crossbows and I value my bows just as much as any gun owner values his firearms. I am also a strong supporter of our second amendment since it's the only amendment in our great Bill of Rights that enables us to defend the other nine amendments.

I don't always keep up with the news and current events and it's recently come to my attention that the State of New York has passed a law called The S.A.F.E. Act. I won't go into the bill's individual provisions since they are readily available on numerous websites but not one of the provisions in this bill affects criminals at all. This SAFE Act is mainly geared towards the registry (the collecting of information) of all firearm, magazine and ammunition sales. This means that when you make a purchase, all of your personal information is indexed in a database.

After several hours of research, I have been unable to confirm this, but there are too many reports coming out of New York of gun buy-backs, turn-ins and confiscations to ignore. The following is a copy of a “Notice” issued by the government of New York City.

THE GUN CONFISCATION NOTICE AN NYC RESIDENT REPORTEDLY RECEIVED WILL LIKELY SEND CHILLS DOWN YOUR SPINE

Nov. 27, 2013 11:19pm Jason Howerton
  • 730
  • 22.8K
  • 43
  • 13

Related:

New York City has reportedly started sending out confiscation notices ordering gun owners to “immediately surrender” rifles and/or shotguns capable of holding more than five rounds of ammunition. It is illegal to possess a rifle or shotgun with the capacity to hold more than five rounds in the city, according to NYC Administrative Code 10-306 (b).
An alleged notice sent to an NYC resident, dated Nov. 18, offers the gun owner the following options:
1. Immediately surrender your Rifle and/or Shotgun to your local police precinct, and notify this office of the invoice number. The firearm may be sold or permanently removed from the City of New York thereafter.
2. Permanently remove your Rifle and/or Shotgun from New York City…
3. You may call to discuss the matter if you believe your firearm is in compliance, or you may request the option to bring your firearm to a licensed gunsmith for a permanent modification and certification proving that it is permanently modified and in compliance.
 This is just one such example and there are others available if you care to search.

I've heard it all my life and usually dismissed it as a conspiracy theory but as of today I am no longer wearing blinders and I no longer consider it paranoia....people, they really are coming for your guns. Two of the thirteen provisions of the SAFE Act simply increase penalties for people convicted of gun crimes; one simply adds more prison time for someone AFTER they've already shot someone. Some of the provisions actually assist criminals in limiting ammunition capacities, this helps guarantee that the law-abiding will be out-gunned every time. The other eleven provisions are aimed directly at law-abiding gun owners.

Let me say that again, the other eleven provisions are aimed directly at law-abiding gun owners.

A few months ago, I launched a website www.howtoburyyourstuff.com and it's an informative site that I wrote myself without any outsourcing. I knew when I launched it that I'd never get rich from it so I want to make it clear that I don't care if you click on the ads or not. But if you are half as concerned about this issue as I am, then I encourage you to check it out. The video that I posted earlier today of Officer Aaron Weiss...


...both alarmed and inspired me. People this is just the beginning. I've done countless hours researching the legality of burying ones own firearms; or for that matter anything else that is rightfully yours, and as of 14 Dec 2013 it is perfectly legal to bury guns and ammunition in all 50 states. The only thing I'm unsure about is the legality of burying weapons on someone else's property without their permission; trespassing is still trespassing.

I encourage all gun owners to at least consider this as a potential option. Most gun owners have firearms that cannot be traced to them. Maybe you bought the weapon at a flea market, from a friend or the firearm was handed down by a family member. In any case, weapons such as these are prime candidates for underground caches. Again, as of today, this is perfectly legal and I encourage you all to consider this.

If the trend that has begun in New York spreads, you won't be able to hide your guns at a friends house or a bank's safety deposit box. My website's homepage explains why burial is the number one most secure option and the site is geared toward people who have never cached underground before. I give clear and concise step-by-step instructions to ensure the safety of your precious firearms, ammunition and anything else you care to protect.

Sincerely; from one second amendment supporter to another
Dave – www.howtoburyyourstuff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment